The Audi R8 (42) has a very complex ECU with quite a bit of potential to be enhanced through our custom tuning strategy. With our numerous years of working on the R8 (42) platform since 2008, we have developed a very safe, reliable, and powerful calibration. Amongst the thousands of maps within the factory ECU, we modify the ones that involve the following, and then some:
- Lambda targets at part throttle
- Lambda targets at full throttle
- Ignition maps at part throttle
- Ignition maps at full throttle
- Torque management
- Variable camshaft timing
- Throttle scaling
- Parameter limiters (RPM, top speed, cold start, etc)
Over the many years, we have developed proven solutions for cars of various states of modification. Whether it be a factory stock car to one that has an upgraded bolt on modifications, we can tune it. All of our ECU tunes are based upon the specific requests of the client and the vehicles state of modification.
ECU Tune Options
- Stage 1 is typically for vehicles that are stock or have very minimalist power modifications while retaining the factory primary catalytic converters. We typically gain 50-55whp and 40-45wtq at points in the powerband pending variables.
- Stage 2 is typically for vehicles that have the street legal high flow primary catalytic converters, along with any other naturally aspirated power enhancements. We typically gain 60-55whp and 50-55wtq at points in the powerband pending variables.
- Top Speed Limiter Delete will remove the factory speed limiter of 155mph.
- Cold Start Delete will eliminate the fuel enrichment cycle on a cold start. This will help lower the volume of the vehicle on cold start. It does also prevent the car from idling at a notably higher rate on cold start.
- Exhaust Burble adds a burble and crackle sound upon overrun. When lifting off the throttle at varying speeds, RPMs, and engine temperatures, the exhaust will make a burble and crackle noise.
For local clients, our ECU tune includes read/write of ECU, road testing, and datalogging.
For remote clients, our ECU tune includes a device to read/write the ECU and shipping within CONUS. Tune revisions are available after datalogs have been sent to us. If outside of CONUS, extra shipping charges are subject to be applied.
For any inquiries and questions, please feel free to contact our tuner at email@example.com.