The BMW E46 M3 has a very complex ECU with quite a bit of potential to be enhanced through our custom tuning strategy. With our numerous years of working on the E46 M3 platform since 2001, we have developed a very safe, reliable, and powerful calibration. Amongst the thousands of maps within the factory ECU, we modify the ones that involve the following, and then some:
- Lambda targets at part throttle
- Lambda targets at full throttle
- Ignition maps at part throttle
- Ignition maps at full throttle
- Torque management
- Cam timing (VANOS)
- Throttle scaling
- Parameter limiters (RPM, top speed, cold start, etc)
Over the many years, we have developed proven solutions for cars of various states of modification. Whether it be a factory stock car to one that is supercharged and has an upgraded fueling system, we can tune it. All of our ECU tunes are based upon the specific requests of the client and the vehicles state of modification.
ECU Tune Options
- Stage 1 is typically for vehicles that are stock or have very minimalist power modifications while retaining the factory primary catalytic converters. We typically gain 15-20whp and 10-15wtq at points in the powerband pending variables.
- Stage 2 is typically for vehicles that have the primary catalytic converters, along with any other naturally aspirated power enhancements. We typically gain 15-25whp and 10-20wtq at points in the powerband pending variables.
- Stage 3 is for vehicles with more extreme modifications; camshaft upgrades, increased displacement, increased/decreased compression, fuel system upgrades, or forced induction. This tune will require dyno measurements and data logging. Power and torque gains will drastically vary pending modifications.
- RPM Limit can be raised or lowered per client request. Factory is 8000RPM. We can safely raise up to 8250RPM if requested.
- Top Speed Limiter Delete will remove the factory speed limiter of 155mph.
- Cold Start Delete will eliminate the fuel enrichment cycle on a cold start. This will help lower the volume of the vehicle on cold start. It does also prevent the car from idling at a notably higher rate on cold start.
- Secondary Air Pump Delete will eliminate the functionality of the secondary air pump, along with the error codes associated with a removed secondary air pump. We do sell block off plates to mechanically eliminate the pump to save weight.
- Exhaust Burble adds a burble and crackle sound upon overrun. When lifting off the throttle at varying speeds, RPMs, and engine temperatures, the exhaust will make a burble and crackle noise.
- Manual Tranmission Shift Lights adds the SMG style shift lights feature.
- Sport Mode Memory will retain the last Sport Mode setting (on/off). If Sport Mode was activated in your last drive, then it will remain on. If Sport Mode was deactivated in your last drive, then it will remain off.
- SMG Final Drive Modification allows us to retain full functionality of the automatic mode. Please let us know if you've upgraded to the common 3.91, 4.10, or 4.44 ring and pinions.
- AlphaN allows full optimization if the vehicle no longer uses the factory MAF sensor. This is often chosen when using the popular CSL-style Carbon Fiber Airbox. This feature is an extra $100 due to the extra time involved in dialing out the tune.
- MSS54HP CSL ECU Conversion will provde converting the ECU to full M3 CSL functionality. This allows the use of a MAP sensor, optional M3 CSL Airbox flap, and higher resolution of tuning. It is required that your ECU be shipped to us for conversion. If you have a MSS54HP, it will be $200 to convert. If you have a MSS54 non-HP, it will be $300 to convert.
- Competition Detuning allows us to calibrate your tune to specific power to weight ratio requirements in various racing classes. This will require data logging and dyno time. It is required that you know your target weight at the end of a race. This will be an additional $300 for custom tuning.
For local clients, our ECU tune may include updating to the latest BMW Integration Level, read/write of ECU, road testing, and datalogging.
For remote clients, our ECU tune includes a device to read/write the ECU and shipping within CONUS. Tune revisions are available after datalogs have been sent to us. If outside of CONUS, extra shipping charges are subject to be applied.
For any inquiries and questions, please feel free to contact our tuner at firstname.lastname@example.org.