The BMW F10 M5 has a very complex ECU with quite a bit of potential to be enhanced through our custom tuning strategy. With our numerous years of working on the F10 M5 platform since 2011, we have developed a very safe, reliable, and powerful calibration. Amongst the thousands of maps within the factory ECU, we modify the ones that involve the following, and then some:
- Lambda targets at part throttle
- Lambda targets at full throttle
- Ignition maps at part throttle
- Ignition maps at full throttle
- Boost pressure
- Turbo compressor ratio
- Torque management
- Cam timing (VANOS)
- Throttle scaling
- Parameter limiters (RPM, top speed, cold start, etc)
Over the many years, we have developed proven solutions for cars of various states of modification. Whether it be a factory stock car to one that has upgraded turbochargers and fueling system, we can tune it. All of our ECU tunes are based upon the specific requests of the client and the vehicles state of modification.
ECU Tune Options
- Stage 1 is typically for vehicles that are stock or have very minimalist power modifications while retaining the factory primary catalytic converters. We typically gain 100-120whp and 100-125wtq at points in the powerband pending variables on pump gas. More power and torque available with varying ethanol blends.
- Stage 2 is typically for vehicles that have street legal high flow primary catalytic converters, along with any other intake enhancements. We typically gain 120-140whp and 115-140wtq at points in the powerband pending variables on pump gas. More power and torque available with varying ethanol blends.
- Stage 3 is for vehicles with more extreme modifications; turbocharger upgrades, increased/decreased compression, fuel system upgrades, or water methanol injection. This tune will require dyno measurements and data logging. Power and torque gains will drastically vary pending modifications.
- RPM Limit can be raised or lowered per client request.
- Top Speed Limiter Delete will remove the factory speed limiter.
- Cold Start Delete will eliminate the fuel enrichment cycle on a cold start. This will help lower the volume of the vehicle on cold start. It does also prevent the car from idling at a notably higher rate on cold start.
- Exhaust Burble adds a burble and crackle sound upon overrun. When lifting off the throttle at varying speeds, RPMs, and engine temperatures, the exhaust will make a burble and crackle noise.
- Performance Display Value Increase allows us to modify the Performance Display in the iDrive to reflect that of the new power/torque values. We will increase it according to the Stage requested.
Fuel rating drastically influences the power/torque gains and tuning approach, please assure to inform us on your intended fuel rating use.
We are an Authorized ProTuningFreaks Bootmod3 custom tuners.
For local clients, our ECU tune includes updating to the latest BMW Integration Level, read/write of ECU, calibration testing, and datalogging.
Our ECU tune can include an optional userend device to read/write the ECU, datalog, and software diagnostics. Tune revisions are available after datalogs have been sent to us.
For any software/hardware inquiries and dynamometer services, please feel free to contact our tuner at email@example.com.